On 8 June, families in Weaver Vale have a choice between a Labour government that stands up for the many and the Tories who only look after a privileged few. The Tories are holding people back. Here are my pledges to put Weaver Vale first.
Our NHS is at breaking point, our social care services have been cut to the bone, and working families are set to be on average over £1,400 worse off a year. Meanwhile the Tories have handed out tax breaks to those at the top. A vote for Labour on 8 June is a vote for a country that works for the many, not just a privileged few. Only I with Labour will stand up for you and put Weaver Vale First
My pledges to you
- Protect living standards and create jobs - Introduce a real Living Wage of £10 per hour and invest in infrastructure, skills and new technology.
- Defend our NHS and tackle the care crisis - Give the NHS and social care services the money they need and join up services from hospital to home.
- Provide universal free school meals for primary school children, and reverse the cuts to our local schools.
- Make our neighbourhoods safer - Invest in frontline police for your neighbourhood and introduce stronger rights for victims.
- Provide affordable homes to rent and buy - Build more than one million new homes, while protecting our greenbelt and scrapping letting fees for private renters.