Date Added: 17 May 2019
Closing Date: 24 June 2019 (noon)
Job Title: Campaign Organiser (1 year fixed term)
Working For: Weaver Vale CLP
Location: Weaver Vale
Salary: £14,757.79 (3 days a week. Details to be discussed on appointment, but regular availability on a Friday is desirable) with an additional Fixed Sum Allowance of £636.00 plus Car Allowance and Pension.
The Campaign Organiser will be responsible for co-ordinating and resourcing campaign activity across Weaver Vale utilising Labour Party materials and maximising the number of members & supporters who volunteer to ensure the election of Labour Party candidates.
The role will include some evening and weekend work as these can be the best times for campaigning and volunteer availability. Based in the constituency.
Your work will be supported by the MP, CLP EC, and Labour Party Regional Office.
• To lead and organise campaigning activity in partnership with MPs Office, CLP, and relevant Labour Group campaign colleagues, with input from Regional Office.
• Create a campaign plan that identifies activity at least 3 months ahead.
• To motivate and organise the members in preparation of elections
• To identify, develop and support campaign leaders within each ward.
• This will involve regular meetings, member phone banks and agreeing targets with leaders for ward activity.
• To create and deliver a schedule of training to members
• To work with the MPs Office, Treasurer and CLP to develop local fundraising
• To ensure all campaign administration is organised and inputted
• Demonstrate growth in membership and membership activity in the constituency.
• To report on the level of activity, organisation and the effective operation of Party rules each month.
• Knowledge of and sympathy with the Labour Party’s aims, achievements and policies
• Experience of campaigning
• IT (Microsoft office) and databases
• Social Media – Facebook pages & analytics, Instagram, web, etc Ability to present information to others
• Ability to lead and be part of teams
• Work on own initiative
• Understanding & experience of working with political volunteers Experience of leading teams of volunteers
• Experience of managing conflict of deadlines and political positions
• Experience of Labour Party systems and platforms
• Experience of fundraising
• Current full driving licence
Closing Date: 28 May 2019 at 12 noon
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews tbc week commencing 3 June
Start date ASAP.
The Labour Party values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Applicants should send a CV (no more than 2 pages of A4) and covering letter (no more than one page of A4) to email@example.com